Monday, September 17, 2012

BEFORE YOU ALL START READING, THE ADDRESS SHE GAVE US LAST WEEK WAS NOT RIGHT.   SO IT IS NOW CORRECTED IN HER ADDRESS INFORMATION ON THIS BLOG !!! 

Hey!! Yep it has been one month....actually more. this is the start of the 3rd week so it will be 6 weeks on Wednesday! It doesn't seem like it has been that long yet everyday is so long! I am really telling you, missionary time is super weird. But it is good. That means we can get a lot done in just a day. This last week has been....good....and hard. I am still not feeling a 100% better but I did finally talk to the mission nurse and got some antibiotics that seem to be helping but it has been a slow and honestly, frustrating recovery. It gets frustrating some days because I feel so great and just want to go go go and then out of no where I just feel horrible and end up having to lie down and just rest. I am trying to look at the positive and just keep praying that I will keep getting better and better each day! That is all I really can do. My companion just got sick and I feel kind of bad about that but she is recovering fast, which is good. We have done a lot of tracting this week. When I was in Oklahoma, I loved going out with the sisters there! I had so many good experiences! Here...not so much haha. I don't know if the people are just a little bit nicer in Oklahoma or what but we have had a few nice people here and there but most of them, slammed door, or just plain rude. We had one guy tell us to go mission somewhere else. We just laughed because we have no idea what that means at all. We had another lady step out side her door and tell us basically how stupid we were for believing in what we did and it was just silly. I just love it when people tell me what I believe! I shouldn't say that it has been bad because if anything it is a learning experience. But after that, I really struggling with the courage to go out again and knock on doors because you never know what is behind them. That is truly where trust in the Lord comes in so much and that is really all you can rely on.
 
We knocked (on her door) a lady that is from Persia and just so sweet. She keeps telling us that she believes everything that people tell her about religion and says she is already a Mormon at heart, which is pretty funny, but says not to get our hopes up. We just love her so much because she is such a neat spirit and she actually came to church on Sunday with us. She couldn't stay the whole time but we were just praying that church was something that would really push her to want to come and learn more! so that was a neat experience.

The area we are in, we finally feel that we are understanding where to go and finding people a little easier but I also know that Heavenly Father is helping us and blessing us to find these places. We haven't found a good place to do emails yet because we can't do them in a member's home so I am currently at the apple store in the mall! They let us email which is just great!!! hopefully next week we will have library cards and we can go there. We spend a good amount of time this morning cleaning the apartment because it was slightly nasty. The elders did pretty well cleaning but deep cleaning is a different story for sure! We are more in the run down part of town but it is pretty safe where we are at and we are in a gated community which is good.

We have zone meetings once a month and district meetings every week and zone conferences are, I think, every other transfer or something like that so not too often but district meetings are great because we receive more training that is really really helpful for the coming weeks.

My companion/trainer is still amazing and gets more and more amazing every day! I have learned so so much and can't believe that I still have so so so so so so much more to learn before she leaves!!!! its already week 3 of the first transfer! Time....just strange. :)

It has been super warm and hot here! very humid! it was a 109 the other day and reminded me of Oklahoma and working in the kitchen that was 91 all the time! I have adjusted pretty fast. There is a lot of smog here! some mornings are just gray but most mornings are just beautiful!

We had a lady giving a talk yesterday pass out right in the middle of it and it was super scary! she is doing ok and they think her blood sugars just got too low but talk about scary! just watching someone go down out of nowhere. just glad she is ok! My ward is still amazing! We went to a dinner and they served fish and I was like I can do it not a problem....that didn't end well. I was sick the rest of the night. so fish bad. haha

The work here is hard but great and I can feel something amazing is coming! we just have to keep going and working hard! It is great! This week has been a great week in learning about repentance. I make so so many mistakes each day and its hard to realize how much I need to improve and grow but I will tell you...The Atonement is so real! it makes up the difference when I can't and it makes ALL the difference. I just keep thinking " Why, why would Jesus Christ ever forgive me?" But my mission president said why wouldn't he? I cannot tell you how true that is...really! Jesus Christ dies for our sins for everything. Our short comings, weaknesses, everything and that truly shows how much he loves each and every one of us. and how much he truly knows us individually. The amazing thing about the atonement is that we just need to turn over ever part of ourselves to his and we can truly, and honestly be changed into someone more like him! It is just incredible. I hope everyone knows and understands that the atonement applies to everyone!!! not just some or another but everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and Thanks again for the support love and prayers! they are truly felt! Its a great day to share the gospel where ever you are and with anyone your with!!! :) 
Love Sister Haws

 

No comments:

Post a Comment