Monday, September 24, 2012

SEPTEMBER 24TH 2012
 
 
Hey,
Things have been good! We have been trying to find people to teach and right now that involves a lot of tracting! Which if you read my last email home, I told you about a couple of bad experiences. Well on Tuesday morning, we were out ready to knock on some doors and I was just terrified! I don't really know why but I just keep saying Heavenly Father I can't knock on another door, I just can't. But we did and Thank Heavens for the Lord's tender mercies. Every door we knocked on for the next two days were people that were kind. Even if they wanted nothing to do with the church, they declined nicely and I just thanked Heavenly Father so much. I know that not all of them will be nice but I feel like now I have built a protective wall against mean people. :) I am FINALLY feeling so much better!
 
 
 
 I never realized how crummy I felt till I started talking antibiotics and feeling like a brand new person! That has helped so much to really be able to get out and work! This week we have really focused in on finding people but also getting to know the ward members on a more personal level, and especially the less-actives. We have had quite a bit of success in just getting a hold of them and letting them get to feel the spirit. It has proven very true that sister missionaries can get into certain homes that elders sometimes can't. Don't know why but it has been neat to see!
 
The ward we are in are still so excited about having sister missionaries! All the time they tell us we are so glad you are here! It really has been a long time for them and there is definatly plenty of work to be done.
 
Something that I really have come to realize is how much we (people born into the church) take it for granted. We have been so so blessed to be raised in it and to have had that direction in our lives. So many people are converts to the church out here and they always express how truly grateful they are for the gospel and just how they love that they have the chance to here about it before it was too late. There is one guy in particular that, his conversion story and testimony is just so incredible. He has literally gone to EVERY church there is, searching for the truth and the last one he came to was ours, and he just knew. And he tells everyone, "Now don't you go looking for something that isn't there. All you will ever need is right here in this Gospel." It makes me laugh but It is so true. I see people who have no religion in there life or are just happy with what they know, who honestly are miserable. They might not act like it all the time, but really, how can you not want more. The Gospel is an amazing blessing from our Heavenly Father, who truly knows exactly what he needs and when he needs it.
 
There was one family we meet the other day that what happened was just impressive to me. We were tracting door to door and we knocked on their door and asked if we could offer a prayer on behalf of their family. The Mom said, "We were actually leaving" and we asked if there was a better time we could come back and pray for them so she went and asked her husband and he said sure come on in. We sat down and talked to them for about 20 minutes and they are from Turkey and were raised Muslim but didn't practice really anything and both the mom and dad just recovered from cancer. The mom told us about how she didn't believe in anything before and then she got cancer and she started praying. She never felt like she had anyone talk to her but she just keep believing. I then said the prayer for their family, and afterwards the mom was like "I feel so good!" And we pointed out to her that that was the Holy Ghost, Speaking to her heart and testifying truth to her. She was so amazed and she is so ready to accept the Gospel and That was such a neat experience to see just how the Lord truly does prepare the people that are ready to accept the Gospel. If we had been there 6 months earlier before she had cancer, guarantee, that she would of closed the door. It is truly amazing to see the way the Lord works with all of his children and just testifies to me how much he truly knows us individually and exactly what we need when we need it. There is a talk in this month's ensign by president Eyring I believe about people being prepared to hear your testimony! Every needs to read it if you haven't and if you have ... read it again! because it is amazing!!!!
 
 
 
Things are going really well! It's hard and tiring but I wouldn't have it any other way. Missionary work is amazing, really. The Lord has his hand in everything we do and teach and say.
There is about 16 sisters all over this mission. There are 3 valleys. San Fernando (where I am) Santa Clarita and Antelope valley. It goes from San Fernando to Bishop towards Nevada border. So glad the baby calf was born and she is cute! What did you name her? She looks like a bigger version of Missy! Glad dad has some time to breath before spud harvest! Don't work too hard Dad! and Thanks for your comments! You truly have no idea how much I enjoy hearing from you! Tell the the whole family Hi when you talk to them.
 
You think your air is bad!!! well it probably is but the smog here is sometimes very bad! so I kind of understand where you are coming from. Keep canning! Then you can feed the whole neighborhood!!! got to love gardens. I got my library card so its all good and a lot more peaceful to e-mail from that the mall!!! I hope everything is going well and I love you all and miss you lots!!!
Love you so so so very much!! Tell the kids hi for me and that I love them and too write me!!!! :) My companion is amazing and I learn so much from her every day! I just love her and am so grateful. Love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment