Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kaeley letter November 5th 2012


Hi everybody !!!                                                                             November 5th 2012
       California is great! Still hot as ever...well not as bad as 107 but it doesn't get that cold either!  Which is a blessing, unless your our in the sun but I would rather be in the sun than in the snow trying to find people to teach! This last week was FULL of up's and down's. We had people canceling right and left on us and that led to tracking, (which isn't my favorite, and not very successful all the time,) but it still is great because that is one way you find people to teach. We had one less active man who the missionaries found him back in Virginia and brought him to church and then he moved back to Chatsworth, which was where he was raised and he decided to keep investigating the church to see what it could offer him and he was going to drop us and we were able to meet with him and just let him talk it out and let all his frustrations out and then we were able to help his see how the Lord is really looking out for him and how much he is loved! It was a very neat and touching experience and the spirit was so strong! So we are really going to work with him and helping him build his faith in Jesus Christ for the next little while! He is so great and has such a strong desire to learn and a desire to have that faith!
We are also teaching another less active that we are the first missionaries to talk to her and her to allow into her home. She hasn't been to church in 40 plus years and she told us that it was so weird that when we came to the door, she thought "it's okay, it's time." We just adore her!
   We had the neat experience to attend another worship service with a couple that we have developed a friendship with. They aren't really interesting in joining the church but they love to learn and are the best Christians we have met her so far of another faith. But they invited us to attend church with them. The church the go to is like a mega church and is more of a modern church so they had the drums, guitar, piano, Saxophone ( which was awesome to hear) and a whole bunch of gospel singers. It felt like a gospel rock concert and it was pretty cool. I think it helped them realize that we respect them and trust them  a lot and I know that this will open doors for the to find the truth.  It was a neat experience! It was cool too because we had just had dinner with them on Thursday and shared a thought from the Ensign. It was standing together for the cause of Christ, by Jeffery r. Holland and the dad was impressed because he really didn't know what our leaders stood for and he loved that, the call to unite as Christians! They are a neat family and one day they will get to experience the blessings of being members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This really is Christ's true church upon the earth once again! and I am so grateful to be a part of it and to be out here on a mission serving the Lord. This Gospel is a miracle producing gospel and I love getting to see those miracles each and everyday! It is not easy but those miracles make each and every day worth it!  Like today, we were walking into the library and this guy holding a beer stopped us and asked who we were and we started talking to him and found out he had read the Book of Mormon before and we are going to try to start teaching him more. He is really having a hard time right now and we were able to say a prayer with him and he had tears in his eyes and I know he felt the Holy Ghost comfort him! It was a MIRACLE!!! :) I love this gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior! That I can be out here each and every day serving him and giving him everything I have to help find those people who need this truth! Thanks for all your love and support! I love you all! P.S. if you haven't read 1 and 2 Corinthians, you should! They are great and full of great messages about missionary work!
I was also wondering if I could get a recipie of banana bread and some easy quick crockpot recipes to make so that we can have some good stuff! I really love to cook and just want some easy cheap things to make that are good! I was also wondering if you would send me a copy of the November ensign from conference that I can keep with me? That would be wonderful!!! It is so good to hear about the family and tell them HI!  Tell grandma I am thinking about her and grandpa !  I love it out here! It is so hard but each day brings a new challenge and new hope!   I love you lots!!  Thanks for the pictures and the mail this week!!! I love them! :) and I love any other mail I get, hint, hint everyone J  love you lots and miss you more!! Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment