Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kaeley's letter July 15th 2013


Just for your information, her companion in the picture from last week is the tall one to Kaeley's left. 
Hey!                                                                                                                                      July 15th 2013

   Another week has flown by and guess what!? Today is my 11th months mark! Can you believe it? Neither can I! My companion and I figured it out that we only have 5 transfers left which are just going to fly by. So strange. Anyway, on a more happy note, this week was pretty good. We had an exchange with one of our sister companionship that went well. We also were able to set 2 baptismal dates with a couple of our investigators and one of the them is one that we had taught in April and May and had a baptismal date in May but then disappeared! But we found him again and he seems to be more prepared this time and we are really hoping because last time, it broke my heart for him to leave! I told him I might punch him if he tried that again and he just laughed. He will know I am serious if it happens again! :)  Sometimes that can be the hardest part of missionary work is seeing someone walk away from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ after they KNOW that it is right. But Preach my Gospel says. "those that are ready will act upon your message." So I guess some people just aren't ready yet.  The  other investigator, we have a lot of hope for him. He knows that it is right and has liked everything he has seen and heard so far and seems ready. So we will find out over the next couple of weeks!

  We had to drop a couple of our investigators this week. One of them was really hard but he is not ready. He was doing so well and progressing very fast and then out of the blue said he doesn't really care to know if God is there or not. Which is soooo sad but some day he will need God. Everybody gets to a point in their life where they have nothing left but God. And that is why we missionaries are here. To be there when that does happen and offer hope! We have seen a lot of miracles thus far and miracles are coming more and more often. The Lord is hastening his work. I was reading about the Gathering of Israel and it was cool to see how many of the prophecies are being fulfilled right now! There are so many that are happening and it is amazing to be a part of it.

  We have a 2 exchanges this week. One of Tuesday and one on Friday that will be a lot of fun! I love exchanges and getting to learn from the other sisters and see how well they are doing. You really get the best training as a sister training leader because the sisters just teach you so much! I love it a lot!

I love you all!  Stay strong in the Gospel !   Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment