Monday, November 18, 2013

ANOTHER LETTER AND PICTURES FROM KAELEY NOVEMBER 18TH 2013


AS IT GETS COLDER, HEARTS ARE GETTING WARMER!!!!!                                                                               November 18th 2013

   I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this week has been. It has not been the easiest but it has been totally worth it. We have seen so many miracles and tender mercies this week, it is unreal. The Christmas Program that will happen in 3 weeks seems to be going very well and we realized for the first time this week, that it is uniting the ward in a way that we desperately need right now. Even the people that aren't too happy to be in it are uniting with the same type of people in the ward! haha It is amazing to see and we know that the Lord has His Hand in this program. We also had the amazing opportunity to do some service for the community and for the ward members.
Tis the season to rake leaves! So we helped at city hall and then went to help a member with her leaves as well.
Kids will still be kids, playing in the pile of leaves.
 
Yes, It is Kaeley in the pile of leaves reading her scriptures !
And we also helped another lady do some cleaning in her house. It has been a great week for service.

    Friday, we had an amazing training about how to increase our faith and trusting in the Lord. Our mission president believes we are not living up to the potential we could in our mission so we really need to exercise faith and then go out and work and leave the rest up to the Lord. To set High goals with the guidance of the spirit and then work and see the Lord working  miracles. It was very inspiring and helped me to realize that there are things that I needed to change and that I needed to rededicate myself to the Lord. And that is exactly what I am doing. I just needed to focus more on what I am doing and be in the here and now and not thinking about the future. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord more than anything and sometimes, I just need that little reminder from the Lord. I am grateful that the Lord loves me enough to help me to change and become better and to show me the way to do just that.

AND THEN, Saturday happened, Seriously a day of miracles. We met a man about 2 weeks ago and he was getting ready to go running so we asked him if we could come to his house and share a message with his family sometime. He said yes and gave us his address. It took us a while to get a hold of him but we got in Saturday morning and taught him and his 4 kids. He is a single dad and is amazing. He has been through so much and we felt so strongly that he is one of those families we were meant to find. They seem to be so prepared and really listened to the message of the Restoration. The spirit was so strong and I know that it bore testimony to his heart that the things we said were true. We pray very hard for him! :) And then we we were able to talk to all of our other investigators that we hadn't seen in a while and we also meet a couple of really promising potential investigators that already love Mormons!  Which is always a good sign!

  Every year, our ward puts on a huge Thanksgiving dinner and that happened Saturday night as well. So we got to help a little with that but mostly we got to talk to so many people that came. There were so many less-actives that came and even the man and his kids that we had taught that morning came to have dinner!!! There was just this happiness in the air and it was amazing to be there. We felt very good about the turn out.

   BUT WAIT!  it gets even better.  This Month in our ward, we have had more non-members at church every Sunday since we got here. There was one member that brought her niece and she came into the Gospel Principles class, which we taught that day about the Creation and the Love Heavenly Father has for us, and after the lesson, we invited her to learn more and she really wants to. She loved it so much and really enjoyed herself. So we got 4 new investigators in a matter of 24 hours. We haven't found anyone for about 3 weeks. We KNOW that it was the Lord blessing us. The work is moving forward and we really feel we are starting to gain the trust of the members and building strong relationships with them. This area is picking up and we are so grateful to be here. It hasn't been the easiest transition for me personally in this area but I have learned so much about relying on the Lord and learning that I am truly His servant. I can only do as much as my faith that is in Jesus Christ. "And Christ hath Said:  If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Moroni  7:33. I am scratching the surface of this scripture but it is showing me the power we each can have if we truly put our Faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. He can help us do anything and he will always help us to do His work and bring people unto him.
I love this work so much and am so grateful to be out here and be serving the Lord. I am grateful for forgiveness and mercy and the love he shows me each day! He is real and hears and answers our prayers. I know it and I love it! The church is true! Love to all, Sister Haws

 

No comments:

Post a Comment