Monday, January 27, 2014

KAELEY'S LETTER JANUARY 27TH 2014

                                                                                                                                                      
HELLO !
    WHAT A WEEK!!!  So many changes all at once. Sometimes it is hard to take it all in but that is exactly why we have the Gospel and have a Savior.  I can tell you that this week has brought me closer to my Savior which I am so grateful for. Monday,  we had a lot of fun as it was our last day as the original sister missionary trio here in Bishop.  Then we woke up at 4 am to get ready for our trip down to transfer meetings in Bakersfield.  It is about a 4 hour drive and we had to be there at 9:30 AM so we left about 5. It was a very early morning but a lot of fun. Sister Wilkin is now serving in South Bakersfield. And we have a new sister from McCammon, Idaho!!! Idaho is the best!! She is fresh from the MTC but certainly doesn't seem like it. She is very in tune with the spirit and has a wonderful desire to serve the Lord. We are excited to have her here.
    We weren't able to meet with a lot of our investigators this week, due to a lot of illnesses, which was kind of sad and affected our church attendance this week but we did have a few less-actives at church which was awesome!!!!
   This week is very full of people to visit and trainings and meetings with our investigators. I probably have mentioned before that our mission has a goal of 50 baptisms in the month of March and that means that Feb. has to be hit hard with finding, teaching, and committing so that we can be ready for that!!! We already have a couple of very promising investigators and we are just praying that the Lord will keep softening their hearts and bring them closer to baptism. We are seeing miracles.
  This week, I have been very aware of the tender mercies of the Lord and the Love that he has for me personally. Which honestly has been much needed. Change is not easy and never will be, but change comes regardless of whether we have the Gospel or not. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the Peace that it can bring to us during trials. I am very grateful for the priesthood. The power of God is real and I can feel it every time I receive a blessing. Heavenly Father's love for us is eternal and never ended and I am so grateful for that Love. That is why He wants to bless us so much and bring us peace. As we stay faithful and serve and keep the Commandments, He blesses us more and more. The Savior lives and loves us as well. He is the only one that understands what we go through and what we can become. It is through His atonement that we are made whole and complete and I am forever in His Debt. I love you all and thank you so much for all your prayers! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! Love, Sister Haws


No comments:

Post a Comment