Monday, February 3, 2014

KAELEY'S LETTER FEBRUARY 3RD 2014


HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                            February 3rd 2014
   WOW! What a crazy week. I honestly don't even know where to begin.  Well...first, I probably should fill everyone in.  I have been thinking about extending for another transfer out here and have been praying about it and working on it with my mission president. And I found out a couple of days ago that it did not go through :(  which was kind of sad but also very happy at the same time!!!  BECAUSE THAT MEANS I AM COMING HOME MARCH 5TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT?!?!? Crazy right!  I kind of had a freak out this weekend because of how truly close it is and just realized how short of time that is! I am excited and sad and just about every other emotion in the book but that is okay!  I gave it to the Lord and said I would stay if you need me to but the Lord knows best and he will send me to where I need to be!
    For this week,  we have had some crazy stuff happen. Some not so good stuff and then some amazingly amazing stuff happened.  But it was a testimony to me that no matter how bad things may seem or get...there is ALWAYS good that will follow. ALWAYS. And that is because the Lord is in charge not us.
  For some reason, the last couple of weeks have been very challenging for me personally and I had no clue why. It was beyond frustrating and I was trying to understand why each day was such a struggle for me because I had no reason to be sad or unhappy. I am so blessed to be where I am at and know the Lord's hand is over me.  It was a hard and difficult time and almost every night ended with me on my knees in tears pleading for the peace and relief I so desperately wanted and needed from Heavenly Father but wasn't really getting. I didn't understand and just tried to do my best with what I could for each day. And that helped. By the end of the week I was so tired of crying and not understanding why, that I finally just gave up and gave it to God.
    I don't tell you this to feel sorry for me but rather to make a point.  Over the weekend, we had a few less-actives and investigators that seemed to be going through something similar to me. I didn't realize it till a few days ago that maybe I went through all that so that I could relate to the people we are teaching. I was able to tell them my experience with the Atonement and prayer and help them to understand maybe a little of what they were going through. It was an amazing experience for me, because in a very real way, I was able to help them and I would not have been able to otherwise unless I had just experienced what they were struggling with.  And Because of that, they stayed and they keep learning.  They keep growing and wanting to be a part of the church.
   I don't really like that I had to go through all of that for a couple weeks but I am also very eternally grateful that I did because it helped someone else come closer to Christ and Heavenly Father. I told Him he could do that again if needed but please, a little less tears next time would be nice :)  I think that made Him smile. My relationship with my Savior and my Heavenly Father has been so strengthened and I am so grateful for the Love and patience and the Atonement, and prayer, and church and the sacrament and the Scriptures and everything Heavenly Father gives us to help us and make us happy. We go through things in life no matter what, and the Gospel is given to help us make it through things and be well. It will be hard, it will hurt and it will push us and pull us and sometimes tear us apart, But iF our foundation is in Christ, NOTHING can ever tear us down to the point where we can't get back up. I have truly learned this for myself and it is something I am very grateful for!
    Now, on to the happy news!!!  We were praying for one of our investigators that has a baptismal date because she has some concerns and we haven't been able to get them from her. So we prayed that she would open to us so we could help her prepare for baptism. So that night, we got a phone call from her and she was crying and just told us everything that she is struggling with and how she didn't know what to do. We were able to help her and she received a priesthood blessing and she knows that the Church is true and wants to join but she has some big changes to make in her life  but she really wants to make them !!! She is amazing and knows that she can with the help of the Savior! She is one of my favorites and I know that the Lord is guiding her to what will make her happy!  
 Then we had a wonderful lesson with the family we are teaching! They really want to know that is it true and they are doing what they need to do to know and I know that they will get baptized. It may take some time but they will get their answer.
  Church was amazing as well!  We had 85 people at church and that is the fullest it has ever been. I got to play the organ and on the opening song, I have never heard them sing super loud, but this time it was so loud and great! I had to turn up the organ because I couldn't hear it! And we had a couple of members bring non-members to church and there was a lot of less-actives that came and they even bore beautiful testimony that brought the spirit in so strong! There was just a very sweet spirit in the building and one that I hope will keep coming every Sunday. We had a break the fast dinner with all 7 missionaries  and a celebration for how amazing this week has been and the many miracles. Calling down the powers of Heaven really do work and the Lord is just waiting to provide miracles and help us return to Him. I love the Lord. I love His Gospel and I am so grateful that I am serving Him and His children. This is the greatest work to be a part of. I love you all and am grateful for the prayers and the love from all of you. I hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment