Monday, February 24, 2014

KAELEY'S LETTER FEBRUARY 24TH 2014

HOLA!                                                                                                                                                                   February 24th 2014
      I don't even know where to begin....So many mixed emotions. It is very strange to be where I am at this point in my mission.  At the end.  Making plans to come home and move forward with a new life as I have become a new person. I am not the same as I was 18 months ago, which is a good thing,  but also a very strange experience. I don't really know how the new me fits in with the World. All I have known for 18 months in service given to the Lord each and every day. It is kind of scary and excited and nerve wracking and joyful.  Too many emotions at times for me but I am so grateful for prayer and the power that is has to help.
    This last week was very good. Each day has its up's and down's for me personally, but this area has grown and changed so much in the last 6 months. We have been through so many struggles and heartaches and yet so much joy and happiness has come as well. And as the area has grown, I have grown with it so much. The area is picking up and the work is hastening. The members are catching the vision of missionary work and have a strong desire to be a part of it! We had a member give us 3 referrals this week AND she came with us to visit them. I can't even tell you the difference that members make in missionary work. We were able to get into a house that we wouldn't have been able to and it was all because she was there. And another one of the other referrals is letting us over sometime soon. We also had a dinner with the members and for the first time since coming to this area, they had invited their neighbors over for dinner with us. It was so cool to see that and to feel the difference that it makes. We didn't teach the restoration like we normally do but felt that we needed to share a message from the Book of Mormon about Christ and how we can strengthen our faith in Him each week and if nothing else, they know we believe in Christ and when the time is right, they will come searching for it.
   Our mission president also came up this weekend for training and interviews and it was so good to see him. He came to our ward on Sunday as well and it was so nice to have him and His wife here.  We had 81 people at church which is just amazing. When we first got here there was about 40 coming to church and the last few weeks we have had about 80-85. It is amazing what the Lord can do as we exercise the faith that we have and trust him. We set goals and then go to work and trust and have faith that the Lord will provide for those numbers.  Because each number is a beloved Son or Daughter of a Loving God.
    I have thought a lot about my mission this last week and how much I have changed and grown. One of the biggest differences that I have noticed is my relationship with my Father in Heaven. He has become one of my best friends and the only one that I have let in so deep. He has always been there for me. To lead and guide me and has helped me overcome weaknesses and helped me to understand my divine role in His plan for me.
   I am so grateful for the testimony and the knowledge that I have the This Church is the True Church of Jesus Christ. That Joseph Smith truly was a Prophet called of God and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and evidence of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God hears and answers each of our prayers and that there is so much power in prayer. I am so grateful that the Lord loved me enough to cut me down and build me up again and help me to become better than I was and am. I am so grateful for that and will forever be grateful. I have gained so much that will bless me for the rest of my life.
   I love you all! Thank you for everything. The prayers, love, support, emails, letters. Just everything! I am eternally grateful! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment