Monday, February 17, 2014

KAELEY'S LETTER FEBRUARY 17TH 2014 AND HER MISSION REPORT DATE AND INFORMATION



Here is the details for her mission report.  It will be March 9th 2014 at the Hibbard Church 2029 N 3000 W.  Our sacrament meeting starts at 1 p.m. 


On Saturday March 8th we are going to have a welcome home dinner and party for anyone that would like to attend at the Hibbard School located just 1/2 mile north of the church.  It will start at 4 P.M.  We will have a potato bar and desert and drinks there.  We will have more time on Saturday for you hang out and to visit with Kaeley than on sunday after church since it is so late in the day.   If you would let me know if you are coming that would be great, you can e-mail me  at  heehaws@ida.net 
If you would like to bring something we will just have a desert table so you can bring some kind of treat to share. 


If you cannot attend on Saturday, we will have a little open house that you can visit with her on Sunday after sacrament meeting with some refreshments before you go home.  She will LOVE to see everyone there if you can make it. 

Hello!                                                                                               FEBRUARY 17TH 2014 
   Another week down, only a few more to go. I promise I am not counting. But on Friday, we had a Sisters Women’s conference and it hit me really hard just how much time I have left. It is all bitter sweet but it is a good thing. I can feel that it is time and that is okay!
    This week has been pretty good. We are still working with a lot of the less-actives but they are responding pretty well. There are a couple of them that are working towards the temple and hopefully I can come back and go with them when they go.  We have had a ton of people in the gospel principles class the last 2 weeks and a lot of them are non-members or less-actives which is exactly how we want it! We weren't able to meet up with a lot of our investigators this week which was a bummer but this week will be better. This week is crucial for us to set baptismal dates for March. So we are trying to work as hard as we can. We have found a lot of great potentials that are pretty sweet so we just need to follow up with them.
    We went down to Lancaster on Thursday night since it is a 3 hour drive for us to civilization and we had to be to the women's conference at 9 on Friday. We stayed with our sister training leaders who I love so much and it was so good to see them.  We also were able to go to Walmart AND we went to Panda Express which was so good and hit the spot. Where we are, we don't have a lot of shopping options so it was nice to be there.  There were so many people in Walmart that we thought the whole town of Bishop was there!!!  So many people and it is weird to be around that many. Being on my mission, I have realized how much I am a home body and don't like being in big crowds of people.  I have to as a missionary and thank heavens the Lord is here helping me but it is nice to be in a small town.  I am so grateful for the things I have learned.  This last week, I had some time to reflect on my mission and really think about what I have learned because I had to give a mini talk at the Women's conference and I am so different.  I am not the same person I was when I first got here and I have learned so much. Something that really hit me was how my relationship with my Heavenly Father and the Savior has grown.  They both have become my best friends and are so close and dear to my heart.  I can talk to them and know that they listen and are here for me. And I am so grateful for that.  And it is something that I will cherish the rest of my life. Heavenly Father has given me the best gift ever and that is the Chance to serve him on a mission.  I have gained so much that has changed my life forever.  I love you all and can't wait to see everyone!!! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment