Tuesday, October 16, 2012

KAELEYS LETTER OCTOBER 15TH

Hey!
This week has been pretty good. Nothing too traumatic this week to report! Which is good. We did have an amazing Zone Conference this last tuesday right after General Conference which was based on becoming a Preach my Gospel Missionary and also Elder Holland's talk, (which was my favorite, and just made Zone Conference that much better.) It was also a time that the departing missionaries got to bear their testimonies before they left this week! I am happy to report that TODAY is my 2 month mark. I made it two months...only 16 more to go! :) But It’s cool that it has already been two months and doesn't even feel like it has been. Time has already just flown by! We have taught a lot of lessons this week! We have 1 new investigator which brings it up to 4 and we have one with a baptismal date. Which is just awesome. She is a 14 year old girl and just has a strong desire to know about the church and be a part of it. Her aunt that is in our ward is trying to adopt her and it will be such a better environment for her to be in and should happen this week hopefully. We have had a lot of dinner appointments this week with members and the members in this ward are absolutely amazing! They have the kindest hearts and just want to help anyone they can. We had the opportunity to go to the hospital to visit a member of our ward that is there last night. He is so great and him and his wife are converts to the church and every time they see us, he talks to us about how there is nothing out there. It is all right here in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He has such a strong testimony and loves to share it with everyone! But we went and saw him last night and he always gives me grief for being the new missionary and the greenie and always invites me to pray because I am new and need all the practice I can get, or at least he says so! But I got to pray for him and it was so amazing the feel the love that the Lord has for him as I prayed for him to get better and to keep recovering. It is just amazing what the Lord can do. I never realized how much love the Lord has for his Children, and that love is incomprehensable . I don't think we can ever really know how much love the Lord has for each of us but we defintely can look at our lives and know that there is a Heavenly Father who loves us dearly and gives us such great gifts to use and have in our lifes. Especially people. We have met so many amazing people that have such amazing convert stories and it just strengthens mine that this is the Lord's true church on the earth because these people have looked everywhere! And finally found what they are looking for. It is so great. The Gospel is great and is there to help us get through life. We have been given so many tools to help us, the scriptures, prayer, prophets, church, the sacrament, friends, family, and the list could go on and on! If anything I am truly learning to never take things for granted and to always use them the best way I can to help the people around me and in return help myself. Keep praying and going to church and reading and studying the Scriptures. Its the small and simple things that will keep us on the path to eternal life and our Heavenly Father. Missionary work is the best thing ever. It is hard and I knew that it would be. Some days are better than others but you just keep going. And it's not in my nature to quit something. Sometimes I really want to and its hard to keep going when nothing happens but there is such amazing things that happen that make it ALL worth it and everything I have learned is just awesome and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The Atonement is very real and that is the ONLY reason I can get through each and every day. Sister Mix and I are teaching a family history class we are trying to set it up for everyone to come.we really feel that it will bring a lot of people in contact with the church and that is what we need! It hasn't been too bad here lately. Today is 101 but even that is better than 107!
I love you both lots and lots and miss you lots! I am glad things are good! I will pray for you and dad and I always do! Love you both! Love, ME!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment