Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kaeley's Letter January 7th 2013


Hello!!                                                                                                                               January 7th 2013
Another sunny day in California! It is warming up again which is so nice! 70 is the perfect temp. WELL....Some crazy and amazing things have happened this week! All last week, I was preparing myself to being leaving Chatsworth and knowing how hard it would be to leave and just when I thought that is was going to happen....It didn't! :) We got a call on Wednesday of this last week and it was our zone leaders calling to tell us that we needed to be in Santa Clarita at 1 on Thursday to pick up our new companion for the week! It was a sister that had been serving on Temple Square and because that visiting center is full-time, they have a program called outbound that they send them out to the field for the proselyting experience for a couple of transfers and we are the companionship that will have 3 Sisters for the next week till transfers.  And then we were told that my companion now, Sister Fili would be transferring out of Chatsworth and that her and the new sister would be companions in a new area and I would get a new companion. Never thought that would happen but there is always a twist in the story! But it has been so fun to be in a tri-companionship for a week! We have had some wonderful chances to meet awesome people and really keep this area going. This area is hard but that is what makes me love it so much because it's not easy!
Sunday Afternoon, I received another call from the Mission President, and he extended the call for me to train! Yep! I am going to be training a new sister from the MTC in the same area that I was trained in! I am so so so so excited!! And nervous too, and then I get all excited again! So I will stay in Chatsworth for 2 more transfers as we go through the 12 week program. When I leave I will almost have spent 8 months of my mission in the same area! I never thought I would have the chance to stay this long in one place but I am so extremely grateful that I get to because I love it so much and the people so very much!

We have some amazing people that have been less-active for a long time that are really trying to change their lives around! There is one man we are working with and I just love him! He has such a strong desire to change, just needs that extra push and has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. You can just see it shining through his eyes!
There is another lady that we have been teaching that has come back to church and she is just embracing the Gospel full on. It is such a blessing to see that change that happens in people as they come to truly understand the Gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. She will stay up for hours annd has some of the best questions. She helps to encourage me to be better about how I study the Scriptures!
The little girl that we are teaching the Gospel to is doing so well and I almost cry every time we leave their apartment. She is now praying on her own and with us and I never, ever, ever thought I would see the day when she actually wanted to without us begging her. She is loving the Book of Mormon and is really starting to understand why this Gospel is important. It will still take a lot of time but she is doing so well and I am so grateful for the Miracles we have seen!
The mission president has challenged our zone to spend 30 hours a week in finding more teaching activities, and that by the end of the month we are to have 100 new investigators! I am SOO excited to be a part of that. It will be hard, but it will be worth it! Our zone and the areas in them have all been pretty dead for the most part but they are starting to come alive again and it is so cool to see Chatsworth grow and become what is has and I am excited to see where it will go! Miracles happen every day and I can't wait to see what else can happen with the Lord's Help. I know this Gospel is Christ's Gospel with all my heart and this is His Church. Heavenly Father truly looks over his children and hears and answers our prayers! One of my new Favorite Scriptures this week is Romans 8:18. "For I reckon that the sufferings at this time are not worthy to be compared with the Glory that will be revealed within us." That might not be it exact but it hit me pretty hard. We truly are sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father and the things we suffer with now or things we will face and NOTHING compared to what lies within us and our glorious futures with our Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father knows what we help us to grow and that is only to help us to learn our potential and what we can become and what we will become if we trust in him! I love that scripture so so much and I think it to myself all the time because it gives me the courage and strength to keep going even when things get hard! I am so grateful to be on a mission and the chance I have to train!
I meet hmy new companion tomorrow at our transfer meeting! I hope all is well! Always remember to pray and that the Lord loves you and is mindful of you!
Lots of love from Cali! Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment