Monday, January 28, 2013

Kaeley's Letter January 28th 2013


Hey!                                                                                              January 28th 2013

    Another week has flown by .Time is just passing faster and faster.  Part of me loves it and the other part says SLOW DOWN!  I feel like I finally catch my breath and it's the start of a new week!  This last week was slow when it comes to finding and teaching but busy because we were busy working. We had a wonderful Zone Conference this last Wednesday that was very inspiring and helped to motivate us to work extra hard. We talked about moving mountains and walking with the Lord and that if we do that, we would see Miracles. And we have been.  We had a lady who is kind of interested in the Church just for information that came on Sunday to see what it was like and my companion and I accompanied our ward mission leader as he sang! It was beautiful! The Spirit was there and it was a lot of fun. We played "Come thou font of every blessing." But that lady came. It was so fun to have her there and she has become someone that I just love so much! She is an amazing person who has so much faith. We also had another less-active lady come to Church for the second Sunday in a row. She has not been to Church in over 40 years! She is really trying to change her life around and become truly converted to the Gospel. We just started working with another less-active lady that came to just Sacrament meeting but it had been years since she came to Church as well! The Lord is really working miracles in our area. Another miracle, we taught this Gentleman, in September, the first lesson and it went so well! The spirit was so strong and he started to read the Book of Mormon. And then he basically fell off the face of the Earth and we couldn't ever get ahold of him but this week we FINALLY got a hold of him and have an appointment to teach him more!!! That was really excited.

     Now, for the bad news. One of our investigators, the 14-year old girl that was progressing so well, she is no longer living in our area for multiple reasons.  We found that out last night, and my heart just dropped.  My heart still drops if I think about it too long. We had been teaching her since I first got here and I loved her a lot! It is amazing how fast things can change. I just keep praying for her and hope one day the Missionaries will be able to teach her again, maybe when she is a little older and can understand better.

    Back to the good news.  Training is going well! My Companion is doing really well and is just diving right in to missionary work. She is really trying to progress and it has been fun to see this side of things. I remember when I first got here and everything that I was thinking, and now to see the other side, the trainers point of view, it's quite interesting to make connections to things I did and how my trainer must have felt with me. I love it! The Lord has really helped me to know what to do! I still feel lost but the Spirit is definitely guiding me and directing me.

I am so grateful to be out here and to truly see who the Lord is preparing to receive the Restored Gospel. I love being an instrument in his hands and seeing his power and mercy, not only with me but with the people we come in contact with. Thanks so much for the Love and support! Love and miss you! Sister Haws

P.S. It is true you never really appreciate communication until you don't have it! and texting is great! It works really well with people who don't like to answer their phone so its a great missionary tool! :) I can't believe how fast time is flying. 6 months on the 15th!  That is so weird. Training is a lot of fun and a lot of work.  It takes a lot of patience and I completely admire my trainer and the patience she had with me because I know that I was difficult at times just transitioning into things and such. But the Lord is really helping me to know what to do because I have no idea what I am doing. It's a weird sensation to know that you are training yet not have any clue what to do or how to do it.
Sometimes missionary work can be so discouraging and so joyfully all at the same time. That is how I feel right now. I love this work so much but the whole thing with that girl just has me on the edge of tears. It is so hard to see someone come so far and then it all just ends. I love her so much and she needs the Gospel so much! But things will work out on the Lord's time. It always does!  I hate to imagine where my life would be without the Gospel. It is the greatest thing one can have to help shape them and help them to grow and make it back to Heavenly Father!

OH! another P.S. If you ever see missionaries walking around by the house!  Offer to feed them and talk to them! It means so much to Missionaries to have a good meal and a place that feels like home and to teach a lesson or give a thought! :)  and  well today is kind of cold but :)  Its almost 75! HAHA,  I love it! Sorry it's so cold and snowy there, that is a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment