Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25th 2013

Hey!                                                                        March 25th 2013
  Well to say the least, this has been one of the most eventful weeks of my mission so far. We had interviews with the mission president on Wednesday which went really great, but right before we received a call that for the next week, we would be in a companionship of 3 till transfers with a sister that has been serving on temple square! That was fun to hear and she has been great for the time we have had her. She is from Canada and that has been cool!
     We have had some wonderful lessons with less-actives this week and truly felt the spirit of the Lord helping them overcome their weaknesses. On Thursday, we had a rather gross encounter. Before I say what happened, I will give some back ground.  My Companion and I haven't been feeling all that well the last couple of weeks. Our stomachs have been hurting and just not feeling well at all.   So on Thursday, My companion went to eat a cracker and looked down and there was a worm type thing on it and then she looked in the bag and they were everywhere! We went home and checked the cupboards and they had been in our food, like rice and pasta and things like that. So for not serving a foreign mission... I certainly experienced something foreign!  That is the only thing that made sense of why we haven't been feeling good. And we called our medical nurse and asked what to do. We cleaned everything and made sure that they won’t come back! But that was something that was exciting but super gross! On Saturday, we had the police flying over the apartment complex next to us for a while so we stepped outside to see what was going on and they came over the intercom and were calling for someone to come out of their apartment! Never ever been that close to a cop shoot out!!! It was really cool! AND THEN...transfer calls came that night. (killing you with the suspense right?!?) I am getting transferred out of my area and into a new area.  I don't find out till tomorrow where I am going but, It is good. I am excited and nervous which is normal. I will miss this area so much. I love the people and the ward so so much and yesterday was hard to say goodbye but I can feel that it is time to go. I love the Lord and how He comforts us and helps us to meet our full potential. So I will be leaving and have to pack all of my stuff this afternoon. It’s crazy to be on the other side of things this time and be leaving instead of staying but it will be great!!! I am truly excited and I know the Lord will send me to where I need to be.
 
    Something that I have been reading and studying is Prayer and it has hit me so hard how prayer is so important. It is how we communicate with our father in Heaven and the way we receive guidance. Everything we do starts with prayer and ends with prayer. I was reading in Helaman, and the Prophet is mourning because of the wickedness of the people and he is crying out to the Lord and the people see him and are amazed by what they see and I realized they didn't even recognize that he was praying. It was something that they didn't do anymore and so it was harder to see it when it happened and they "Marveled." It made me realize how important it is to keep up doing the things of the Lord so we can recognize the spirit and the Hand of the Lord in our lives. This Gospel truly is amazing and I am so grateful to be a part of it!
I love you all ! Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment