Monday, April 1, 2013

SHE MOVED !! New pictures and letter April 1st 2013

Kaeley's new companion, Sister Fialho from Brazil --->

Must have been a hard day of missionary work !!

   A family from her ward in Chatsworth -->

The New Sister Missionaries Easter disguises
?????




Hello,                                                                                                                                    April 1st 2013  

Well...The big news...is I didn't get transferred. There was a change of plans....Still in good old Chatsworth....not sure how I feel about it but I guess whatever the lord needs.... about all I can say. Have a good week. Love you and miss you Sister Haws  

APRIL FOOL’S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha !! I had to get you somehow since I am not there and I thought telling you I got in a wreck wasn't very nice since you can't call.  So that was the best I can do!!! :) love you

 I did get transferred and that was about the most stressful half an hour of my life. Not knowing where I was going or who I was going to be with and it took a long time to get to the area that I would be in. I am now serving in Lancaster. So I am in the desert area! My companion is from Brazil and she came from Salt Lake City Temple square mission. They have an outbound program and I am with her for the next 2 transfers till she goes back. She is amazing! She has been on her mission for 10 months now and I have learned so much from her already! She truly is a Christ-like missionary! She is teaching me Portuguese...well trying to anyway. And I have learned a little bit of Spanish out here so it is kind of fun. I speak a little bit of Spanish with a Portuguese accent. We call it Portanish. It's a growing language :)! The Elders before that were serving here were covering 2 areas at once so they moved the Elders to the young single adults ward and put us Sisters in the other ward.  We are the first sisters they have had in this ward in 20 years!  So that is fun to be here and open up the area for sisters! We got a new apartment and a new car...like a brand new car....I am enjoying it while I can because I am sure I will never drive a brand new car right off the lot ever again and that is ok but it’s really cool! Got a new cell phone because it’s a new area and we even new beds and I got a new companion. Everything is new and I am super spoiled that is for sure! The Lord takes care of his missionaries!

When we first got here, we had a baptism on Friday night for an amazing man who found the Gospel through his Daughter who was Baptized 6 months ago. He knew it was true and it was an amazing baptism! The spirit was so strong and it was fun to come to an area with a baptism already! We have a couple of other investigators with baptismal dates as well and it is fun to meet them and see their progress! We have a lot of less-actives in the ward, and lots of having to find them and schedule time to work with them. There is a lot of work to do and it will keep us busy which we are glad about!

Last night, we found a potential family of 12!!  No Joke.  The mom is super open to learning and wants to learn. We had tried a less-active that lived next door who wasn't home, and we felt that we needed to talk to her and invited her to hear our message and she said of course I want to learn! It is really cool! My last area was a lot of the Jewish faith, here it is Baptist, which is really fun to talk to them! I love it a lot already and am excited to be here. Sometimes, it's overwhelming when you think about all of it at once but I know the Lord sent us both here for a reason. It is going to be wonderful to see the Miracles that happen.  This truly is the Lord's work and he is watching over and guiding us to where we need to be!   Sorry to drive you nuts for a week not knowing where I went, but now you get a taste of what it is like from transfer calls to transfers!! :) I didn't know when I sent that letter to dad. We get calls Saturday night and we don't find out where we are going till Tuesday morning at about 11:30.  I am not sure of my address right now so just send everything through the office. That would be best. Takes longer to get it but It’s safer that way.  It is kind of crazy I am in a different area now but nice. I was praying for a change. It was time and I could feel it, and it will be good.  I love you lots and lots and miss you all lots!  Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment