Monday, March 4, 2013

New San Fernando and Bakersfield Mission boundaries.  Kaeley's Mission President sent this out to her.

Hey,                                                                                                                        MARCH 4th 2013

Well there is ALOT of things that have happened this week. So, where to start. 1: It's March, which is just strange. 2: It is almost halfway through this transfer. 3: it's been a tiring but a week full of Miracles. For some reason my body decided that it wanted to get sick this week with a cold. It was alright, just wipes you out so fast. I would wake up and not even be through the morning and already be exhausted but somehow we both managed. My companion hasn't been sleeping well and me sick. We were quite the pair this last week. A lady in our ward made the comment, "there isn't as much excitement coming this week from you two, which isn't normal." We thought that was a fairly nice complement. We also were able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators which was super duper exciting!! She is doing great and always says she feels that she has read the Book of Mormon before which is really neat to hear. We also were FINALLY able to get in with another one of our investigators and teach the first lesson! That was really cool. He is having a hard time in life and the Gospel will truly help him! We have seen a lot of tiny miracles in our area and in the mission work. I know that the Lord is watching over us and this is truly His work and things happen on his time. We just have to keep working hard and trusting that the Lord will help us to find those that are ready to hear and accept the Gospel. On Sunday, we had the chance to go on splits with a couple of sisters in the ward, and my companion and the sister she was with had a very crazy experience. In my area, there is a place that is still "Country" and has horses and my companion and the sister she was with were walking back to their car when they heard something behind them. They turned around to see a Horse saddled with no rider, headed straight for them. To say the least, they were a little shaken up because they barely got out of the way before the horse came running by right next to them. My companion was glad I wasn't there, because she said I would have been in tears...which is probably true. But we are just glad that everyone was okay! Never thought that would happen in good old California! And for the most crazy news... our mission boundaries are changing in July. Our mission is getting split. They are creating a new mission...the Bakersfield mission and part of our mission is going into the new one. So any missionaries who are in those areas will be going to the new mission! Completely Crazy right. That is news that will throw you for a loop, but really cool to see how the Lord is moving His work forward. So the totally missions around the world by July will be 405. Its at 347 right now. This truly is Christ's church and the last days are here. I was reading in Alma 46-49 (part of the war chapters) and they are amazing and I was thinking about them this morning and just realizing the pattern that is happening even now. The evil that is in the World is only increases and not getting any better, only worse. But Captain Moroni is amazing. He is strengthening his people in the Lord and helping them to prepare for war by strengthening their walls. Not only the city walls, but their inner walls. Their testimonies and their faith in Christ and I realized this morning the need for us to always be strengthening our testimonies and truly striving to be converted unto the Lord. Satan is always there and the minute we let our walls down just a little, he will be right over it. But if we are constantly fortifying our walls and building them even higher, we can make them impenetrable. (Alma 48:7-18) My favorite versus is 17. "Yea, Verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever: yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." Moroni was a man in the Lord and knew who would protect his people if they keep the commandments and it just hit me how much we need to be like that, strong in the Lord and to know where to turn to for guidance and direction. In the world with such constantly shifting values, we have to keep strengthening our "walls" and always calling upon the Lord. If we do that, I know that no matter what happens, we can and will stay strong through trials and difficulties. I Love the Book of Mormon and how it applies so much to us today and the strength and knowledge we can receive from studying the words of the Lord. I am so grateful to have the Book of Mormon in my life and the power that it gives me to keep going. May we all keep strengthening our walls and not let them down for anything! The Lord is with us. I love you all so much and am so grateful for the support and prayers and love! Thank you! All my love, Sister Haws

Hey P.S. ! So transfers are every 6 weeks but, this transfer is 5 because of the mtc shortening their time there. so the end of March will be transfers. I don't really know what will happen. I honestly feel that I could stay maybe one more and then be transferred out but, who knows it is all up to the lord. Keep reading and praying and going to Church. Those 3 things will give you the power and faith you need to keep going even when things are hard. I want you, dad and everybody in my family to be happy and the way to be happy...truly truly happy is through the savior. The Savior means so much to me and I know that his Atonement is real. I have felt it's power out here and that is the reason I make it every day! Keep looking for those spiritual miracles and temporal. I know they are there. Sometimes we have to search but looking for them and asking the Lord to take notice of those will help. I promise you the Lord is blessing our family beyond measure and he is in the details. He knows what is going on, outside and inside and he is willing to help in anyway he can. Our Father in Heaven in amazing! Truly Truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment