Monday, June 3, 2013

Letter from Kaeley June 3rd 2013


Hey,                                                                                                                        June 3rd 2013
It has been another crazy week in California! Great week, but crazy! We had 2 more exchanges and that just makes weeks fly by. I can't believe it is already p-day again.

On Tuesday we started our first exchange and I got to be with my companion that I was with in my 3 transfer here in Cali, Sister Filimoahala !!! It was neat to see how much she has grown and the amazing things she is doing in here area. On Wednesday and Thursday we staying in our area and spent some time finding and doing our weekly planning. And then on Friday, we had a young women come and spend from 11 to 3 with us doing missionary work. She is getting ready to turn in her papers for a mission and wanted an experience so that was neat to have her with us and then right after that, we started our 2nd exchange. And I got to go with my Trainee, Sister Cottrell !!! That was so fun to see how much she has grown and the even more amazing person and missionary she has become! I love seeing the growth in others! We had a good time and worked hard and saw a few miracles! We had one that was really neat. We went to go see a member in the ward but ended up talking to this lady across the street. We found out she was a member but hadn't been active for years and had a question that no one was able to answer. We answered it for her and she was so surprised! She let us in and we shared the restoration with her and asked her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. She seemed so excited and said she was really been praying to find the truth! We were so blessed to be able to find her and talk to her about it!

Funny story; well kind of…..but I had to laugh so I didn't get all upset about it.  My Book of Mormon ended up falling in the water and got wet and dirty. I just starting laughing because I didn't know what else to do. Some of my notes bleed off the page and I just said, "I guess that wasn't revelation." :) It was kind funny after the fact. It is ok and now I will always remember being on exchanges and what happened to my Book of Mormon.

We FINALLY had an investigator at church! And he loved it! He has a baptismal date for the 30th of June and he is so excited! He is a neat kid and just loves the Gospel. We are very excited for him. He is actually one we found when I was on exchanges in a different area and the sisters were teaching him but then we found out he lives in our area so now we get to teach him!  That was a really neat miracle! This week we don't have any exchanges but we have a couple of meetings that will keep us busy!  We are excited to really focus on our area this week and see what we can do to build it back up. It has slowed down a lot just with exchanges and things but, it will work back up! My companion doesn't leave this week but next week for Salt Lake City which we both can't believe how fast it went. I will miss her a lot but she is going where she is needed!  

Thanks for all the love and support! I hope everyone is doing well! I love you! Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment