Monday, September 30, 2013

Kaeley's letter and pictures from Bishop California September 30th 2013

Kaeley and her companions in Bishop California

They are both from Utah and both just 19 so Kaeley says she is now the "old" one since she is a whole 23 years old !! 


This is the house that Kaeley and her companions are living in while she is serving in Bishop Cal.


 
Hola! Como sta? Bien! :)                                                                 September 30 2013
    I am attempting to learn Spanish. I can start a conversation and tell them who we are and what we do. But if they respond back....I am in trouble! :)  
   This week has been a crazy, wonderful, stressful, discouraging, happiest, and spiritually high week. The work is very slow here. It is such a small town and has been tracted  soooo much that everyone knows who we are and what we do.  And it seriously is like the south when it comes to churches, there are so many churches on every corner. We call it the bible belt of the west. It kind of feels like God is a very casual thing here which makes it hard to find people that are willing to listen. I know they are out there and the Lord called us here but sometimes, you can only get rejected so many times without it getting to your heart. Sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and cry when people reject the Gospel or yell at them and say, "don't you get it! there is more and we are offering you the truth and you will be blessed." But then I remember My Savior and realize I am out here for him and he was rejected even more than we are and is a thought that keeps me going. This whole week I have felt like something is off about the area and where we would go to find and I just couldn't figure out what was going on and it was making me frustrated and even more discouraging because I had no desire to go out and work because I "knew" what it would be like. I honestly just felt very lost and didn't know what to do and me being the "experienced" one and suppose to know what to do, only added to my stress levels. But I will testify that the power of the Atonement is very real and covers more than just sin. I knew that the Savior felt everything I did and that was and is my driving force. And if anything, it has made me a strong witness and disciple of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior and could not do this without Him. Thank Heavens He doesn't expect us to!
   It was also the happiest because of the two wonderful sisters I am called to serve with. They are simply amazing. They are funny. They are sweet. They are kind. They are Christ-like. They are brave. They are so spiritual and truly know where the power lies, and that is in God. They taught me a lot this week just by their quiet examples of faith and love. And we laugh so much. We all just get along so well and love each other. We really feel blessed from the Lord that we don't have to worry about having to get along. We have so many other things that we need to get done within the area and the ward. The lord knew that we needed to be able to get along so we can move the work forward. I personally am very grateful for that. The Church is true.
   Saturday was probably the most stressful day. I was completely lost and just knew that going out knocking on doors wasn't going to do any good and it just felt wrong. It isn't missionary work at all and is not effective. I was sad, discouraged and we needed a plan. We received the impression to call our mission President and get some ideas. Which we did but he couldn't talk right then. So we said a very sincere prayer to Heavenly Father and asked for his help. I know God hears and answers prayers, some sooner than others, but he does and he gave us the revelation that we needed in order to help this area grow and move forward. I am so grateful for prayer and the power that it has and the Scriptures because that is where we found our answers.  If you want to talk to God, Pray. If you want God to talk, read the scriptures …  true statement !!
   We now have a plan and goals. It is not going to be easy but I know the Lord is in charge and he will provide a way. He already knew that we would be coming here and has the path already laid out, we just have to find it and follow it. I am excited for what is to come. We will see miracles. I know it and can feel it. We got to meet the ward yesterday and there are some amazing people in this ward. They have such strong testimonies and I know that they will be blessed for all they have done. The best part was being able to partake of the Sacrament. I haven't had the chance to take it in 2 weeks because of stake conferences. Both of which were amazing but how I missed the sacrament and feeling  it's cleansing power. I love the sacrament and it will always have a place in my heart.
    We have a lot of work to do just with in the ward itself that will keep us busy enough and I am grateful to the Lord for the chance to serve him up here. It is beautiful. We are going hiking today to a waterfall!!!! Which I am super stoked about!!! Pictures will come. Thank you all for the Love and support and prayers. They are felt every day. And are a help each day as well. I love you so much!!! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment