Monday, October 14, 2013

KAELEY'S LETTER AND PICTURES OCTOBER 14 2013

HAVING FUN BAKING

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE, MUST BE SILLY HAT AND FACE DAY ??

SURPRISE COOKIES THEY BAKED
Cookies, Earthquakes, and baptism dates. OH MY!                                                           October 14th 2013
   YEP! That is what our week has been full of! Exciting news of the day, We had an earthquake last night.  A baby one but an earthquake. That makes 3 for me in my life time and you never really get use to the ground moving underneath you. But it was entertaining to watch one of my companions freak out a little bit where it was her first one. :)
  We also had a neat service chance. All 7 of us missionaries in this area got together on Tuesday and make some delicious cookies for some pass-along plates we were starting in the ward to get them thinking about serving others and we had so much fun making them and delivering them. We felt like FBI agents as we sneaked up to leave them on the doorsteps and then run away really fast and peel away in the car. It was fun to say the least.   We made a cute little heart and a poem to go along with it to help them to pass along the plate! (Pictures will come.) We delivered them to 5 people and the Elders to 2 families. We only got caught by 1 of them but they have been sworn to secrecy. And the rest are just racking their brains trying to figure out who it is. It is really funny to listen to them and they tell us about it and we just smile and act like we know nothing. The best part is the "blaming" someone else for it and we just say yeah,  it could of been them. We love it! There is a huge difference in the Spirit up here in Bishop. The Lord is blessing this area and we can feel it. Yesterday at church, everyone just seemed so happy and just excited to be there. We all gave talks yesterday in Sacrament meeting and we got to teach Gospel principles and Primary. We were very busy but I love being busy and teaching. Yesterday was just so good!!!
   We also saw some amazing miracles! We had a very spiritual lesson with a less-active lady we are teaching and we able to tell her how much Heavenly Father loves her and we are here to help her go to the temple. She is amazing!
  One of my companions has been sick for the last couple weeks and it got really bad last weekend so we went to the doctor and she had bronchitis BUT her getting sick provided the coolest miracle. The Doctor that was checking her, told us that her best friend growing up was Mormon and that she had taken all the lessons when she was 18 and was going to get Baptized but her dad didn't want her to so she didn't but she LOVES the church! We are hopefully going to start teaching her this week! This just proves that God Makes use of our weaknesses like sickness! :) and then we went back to the house to let her rest and our Zone leaders were in our area contacting some of our potential investigators and they were able to get in with one of them and teach him the Restoration AND set a baptismal date with him for November 16th!!! We are so excited about that because there hasn't been a Baptism here in 1 1/2 years!!! The Lord is providing miracles and we can feel His love and guidance every day. I am so grateful for the chance to serve up here. It is not easy but I know that the Lord already knows the path we need to take to bring others unto Christ. We are planting seeds and preparing their hearts for those that will come.  And in the meantime, we will see miracles and build up this area. I just feel this renewed sense of Faith for this week and a sense of Peace. And I know that comes from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior so much and am so grateful for Him and the help he provides every day for me. I couldn't do this without him. I am so grateful for prayer as well. That has been my saving grace and being able to talk to my Father in Heaven and receive direction and counsel from him to help this area. I know God is real and hears and answers our prayers. It is the best way to come to know who he is and feel of His love!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I almost forgot, (which is weird,) we get to meet Quentin L. Cook this Sunday!!!! He is passing through and requested a meeting with all the missionaries in our mission so we are driving to Lancaster (which I am totally stoked about) and meet with him Sunday morning from 8 to 9:30! Party!!! I think it is so funny that in the Church, The Apostles are our "celebrities" Except that they are so much more and just simply amazing. And then next Wednesday, we go back to Lancaster for another meeting with a member of the Seventies who is coming to tour our mission! Best mission ever. Just saying! :) I love being a missionary!   And I love the Lord for giving me the chance to serve him. Thank you for the Support, letters, love and prayers! I feel them every day! I love you! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment