Monday, October 21, 2013

KAELEYS LETTER AND PICTURES OCTOBER 21ST 2013

Looks like they are little "high" on sugar after eating all that cookie dough !! 

NOT SURE WHAT SHE IS DOING IN THESE PICTURES ????  BUT SHE SENT THEM AND I AM GOING TO POST THEM ANYWAY JUST TO EMBARASS HER :)  



Hello                                                                                                                                       October 21st 2013

    I just first want to say that the Church is true and the Lord hears and answers our prayers. I know he does and I know he loves His Children. There is no doubt in my mind and my testimony has been strengthened so much because of the things that have happened.

     As you know we had the amazing opportunity to meet Quentin L. Cook, An Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ. And wow. He is an amazing man of God and you could feel the spirit so strong around him and it just shines in his eyes. I had the neat experience of being able to play the Organ for that meeting. I got to play while an Apostle was there! It was so cool! And I thought I would be terrified and so nervous but I wasn't because the spirit was there and it was just so neat. So peaceful. I will never forget that and grateful that the Lord gave me the chance to use the talents He has given me.    I cannot even begin to tell you how much the words he spoke touched my heart and were an answer to a very sincere and desperate prayer.

    Earlier that week, I had been really struggling to just stay motivated to work but I wanted to and I wanted to share the Gospel but I was just having a hard time and didn't understand why. Tuesday night, I realized that I wasn't feeling all that great and then my throat starting hurting really bad. I woke up the next morning feeling awful but went to work anyway because the exchange sisters were coming later that day and I wanted to go out and work. Right before they showed up, it hit me real hard and I felt so sick and just dizzy. They came and we divided and I was with my companion from last transfer which was nice to get to see and talk to her again. We went out and worked for a little bit but I just got so exhausted and we went back and I rested and the same thing happened Thursday morning as well. I was so frustrated because I had made a goal to be more dedicated that week and then I got sick and couldn't go and work. I cried for a little bit which only made it worse, I don't recommend it! :)  I was discouraged and irritated with my immune system. ( getting sick as a missionary is like the worst thing IN THE WORLD.) On top of that, there were some things that were said that really hurt all of us about our area. We have been trying to do the best we can, but there were things that were said that made us feel like we weren't doing enough and weren't good enough to be up here doing it. It was hard just because I had already been feeling that and then to hear it from someone who doesn't even know our area and has been there for 24 hours just made it worse. But I realize that those feelings never come from God. He will never tell us we aren't good enough for something! Because we are. And my companions had all felt the same way and it was just discouraging.  BUT!!!!!! then Elder Cook came to the rescue. The talk he gave was for us. I felt like he was speaking directly to me and telling me we were doing what we needed to be doing and the Lord was proud. There is this misconception that missionary work is just tracting, aka knocking on doors. And it is a part of it but there are so many more ways to find and it starts with the members but we have to strengthen the ward and help them invite their friends and this area has been tracted so much that we are needing to work with the members more than anything. But Elder Cook re-affirmed that what we are doing by working with the members is right and we are on the right track. I just knew that the Lord had heard my prayers, the silent ones as well. And I felt so much at peace with everything!

     Another answer to a prayer that I didn't even know that I needed was that the Mission President allowed me to go back to my old ward in Lancaster!!!!!! There is an investigator that we found while I was there that is getting baptized this Saturday!!!! And I really wanted to say Congratulations and see him and just everybody! And that just made my entire life! It was better than Christmas, Seriously! But it helped me for some reason. I felt like I finally put a close on that chapter of my life and can truly focus on this area even more so. I guess I didn't realize how much I was just holding on to my old area and investigators and to just see that there are people ready like Jose, and we are called to find those that will listen! It was just so motivating and encouraging. It was just a much needed answer to prayers and I am so grateful for the things that have happened! I love the Lord and His Gospel and I know this Church is Christ's true church. There is nothing like it and so many blessings come because of it! My testimony of the Gospel and of the Savior has been strengthened so much and I know that the Savior lives! He is real and His Atonement is real and heals. I am grateful to be here serving Heavenly Father and My Savior. Thanks for all the prayers and love and support! I love and miss you all dearly! Love, Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment