Monday, October 28, 2013

KAELEY'S LETTER AND PICTURES OCTOBER 27TH 2013

Kaeley's mission district in Bishop California with her mission President

Sister Kimball, Kaeley and Sister Wilkin



Aloha!                                                                                                                                   October 27th 2013
     Can you believe it is almost November?! Turkey and mashed potatoes month!! YEAH!  Anywho, This week has been pretty good.  Teaching and finding people to teach has been a little on the slower side. We went down to Lancaster again Tuesday afternoon for a Zone Conference on Wednesday with Elder Golden of the Seventy. It was an amazing Conference and I just loved it. There were things that were said that personally hit me and helped me realize how much I still really need to change and grow and rely on the Lord. This is His Work and I have never forgotten that,  but I think I haven't been relying on him as much as I should be right now. It was a good wakeup call you could say. And it just helped us to realize that the only way things will change is by relying on the Lord and letting him direct our paths. He talked a lot about how we need to think in terms of Families and finding Families and never to set 0 as a goal because then you haven't accomplished anything. We weren't ever setting 0 as a goal but we were always at 1 and if we missed that, we were at 0. He said it is a simple as changing our thinking! That was really neat. Sister Golden also gave an amazing talk. She talked about how the Shepherds take care of their flocks, (this one touched my heart, since I raised sheep for so long) and the love they had for them. But she said something that I didn't know. At night, there is a pen that all the sheep go into and then there is 1 shepherd that stays all night to protect them and the others go home and sleep. The next morning, each shepherd would take turns and would stand at the gate and call to his sheep and those that were among his flock would come to him.  Then each shepherd would take them out for the day and then the same thing would happen that night and the next morning.  She related this to the Savior and us as His missionaries. We are here to find those that will hear His voice through us and it is those that will come and remain a part of His Gospel and church. I loved that and just thought that was amazing and so true and helped us to understand our purpose more fully here in Bishop. She also related it to us and how we personally heed the call of the Savior, to come unto him and to share His Gospel. It was amazing to say the least.
   Most of our appointments cancelled on us this week which was kind of a bummer but also seemed to be a blessing in disguise. One of my companions dislocated her knee and tore 2 ligaments a few months before she came out on her mission and it has been acting up again so we have had to take it easy and rest it for her. We also had the chance to sing in Sacrament meeting.  I was originally playing the piano while my other 2 companions were singing but that song didn't work out for this Sunday so we changed it to a hymn "Joseph Smith's first prayer" and I was asked to sing the Alto part and a lady in our ward would play for us. And this was Saturday night at 8 pm. To say the least...I was kind of scared or maybe a lot scared.  I hardly sing in the house,  let alone in front of people. But somehow we did it and I tell you what, There were angels singing with us. The last versus we did acapella and it was the best and so pretty. The spirit was very strong and it was so nice. The Lord truly does make up for the weaknesses we have. I am so grateful for His spirit that brings so much peace and joy and helps us through the hardest times. I know the Savior lives. I know he is there for each one of us and to guide us throughout our lives. It is amazing how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us and that love never changes!    All my love, Sister Haws
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment